I am so excited to be taking part in the Blog Tour for First We Were IV by Alexandra Sirowy run by Brittany’s Book Rambles. Today I’ve got Alexandra on the blog talking about First We Were IV and some truths and a lie! You figure out which is the lie.
But first about the book…
Publication Date: July 25th, 2017
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Goodreads Link: http://bit.ly/2lx6UyI
A group of friends start a secret society in this out-of-control thriller from the author of The Telling and The Creeping that examines the all-consuming love of lifelong friendship—and what someone is capable of when they’re afraid of losing it.
Izzie loves nothing more than her three best friends, Viv, Graham, and Harry, and the bond the four of them share. And she’s terrified of their friendship falling apart next year when they go off to college. To bind them together, she decides to create that will belong only to them, a special thing that they’ll always share between the four of them. And so they dream up the Order of IV, a secret society devoted to mischief that rights wrongs and pays back debts. At first, it works like a charm—but when the Order of IV’s escapades get recognition beyond their wildest expectations, other people start wanting in. And soon, what started as a game of friendship is spiraling into something dangerous and beyond their control—and before it’s over, they’ll pay the ultimate sacrifice.
Alexandra Sirowy is the author of the young adult thrillers THE CREEPING, the Bram Stoker Award® Nominated THE TELLING, and the upcoming FIRST WE WERE IV. Alexandra attended a women’s college as an undergrad and received her graduate degree in International Studies. When she isn’t writing, she loves to travel, read, eat, and get into mischief. She lives with her husband in Northern California.
Hi, I’m Alexandra Sirowy author of the YA thriller FIRST WE WERE IV. There are best friends, confessions, lies, heroes, villains, and secret societies in my twisty new book.
The four protagonists of FIRST WE WERE IV are going to play a round of Two Truths and a Lie for you. They’ll each introduce themselves and then share three secrets – two truths and one lie. And they dare you to try and figure out which is which. Added bonus: email me (Alexandra.email@example.com) with all four lies (one from each character) and I’ll send you FIRST WE WERE IV temporary tattoos, plus a signed bookplate.
Hi! My name’s Izzie – Isadora Anne Pendleton. You could probably say that there’s nothing more important to me than my three best friends, Viv, Graham, and Harry. We’ve had adventures before but this fall, we’re topping everything. We’re going to leave our mark on Seven Hills. No one’s going to forget us or think of us as those four outcasts or losers ever again. And better yet, we’re going to bring justice to Seven Hills.
- I’m the mastermind of the Order of IV, a secret society my three best friends and I started so we’d have something in common to keep us close when we all move away for different colleges next year. If it was all by idea, I guess everything that went wrong, is sort of my fault.
- I found the girl’s body five years ago on the big rock behind Viv’s apple orchard. I’m the one who climbed up to see why the vultures were circling while Viv waited down below. I saw what had happened to the girl…how she’d been I plan to use the Order of IV to help her get justice.
- I know Graham, Harry, and Viv as well as I know myself. What I mean is, we don’t have secrets from each other.
Hey, guys! I’m Harry Rocha, writer for the Seven Hills High School news blog, big brother to Simon, and on the hunt for my perfect song. You should see my room – records stacked against the baseboards, covering my desk, filling my book shelves.
- When Izzie said we should start a secret society, I thought hell yeah, anything to keep us all talking after graduation. I’m the only one who might end up with the broke-as-a-joke version of college next year, stuck living at home and going to community. I don’t want my friends to forget about me.
- I wouldn’t say I’ve been bullied. I mean, sure, Conner Welsh has been on my case since my family moved to Seven Hills in middle school. We live in one of Conner’s dad’s rentals. It’s just normal high school crap, though. He’ll get his someday, but I won’t be the one giving it to him because I’m trying to be the hero of my own story.
- There’s this one girl I’m into. She always makes me laugh. But going for it might change everything.
Hello, my little darlings! I’m Vivian Marlo, but you can call me Viv. You probably saw me in last year’s Seven Hills High School production of The Scarlett Letter. I love sinking my teeth into a really juicy starring role – I was born for drama. And to be Izzie’s best friend. She’s my ride-or-die girl.
- The instant Izzie said secret society, I was in. Secret societies have rituals and initiations. I’m in charge of our ceremonial holiday and it’s going to be epic. I’ve heard there are rumors going around school about what we’re up to – others want in.
- Secret societies have got to have rules. Ours: Never lie. Never tell. Always love each other. And I never broke one, not even for an instant.
- Amanda Schultz has been my nemesis since forever. I don’t know what her issue is – probably jealous that I always get better roles than her. I want to say that I’d never use our invention, the Order of IV, to get even with Amanda, but that would be a lie.
Pleased to meet you. I’m Graham Averbach III, best friend of Izzie since she helped me get away with the infamous cookie heist of Seven Hills Community Pre-School. My mom’s an anthropologist – an expert in dead civilizations. Our attic is crammed full of creepy artifacts. Good inspiration for the Order of IV.
- Izzie’s probably told you that the Order of IV was all her idea. Maybe it was mostly, but I like to think that without all our adventures, all our competitions to see who’s braver, she never would have had the guts to go through with it. Then again, neither would I.
- I think most people like their heroes to be a little unlikable. More relatable.
- One of us does not survive this story.
The Order of IV
July 10: Bookish Lifestyles- Review and Tote Design
July 11: Brittany’s Book Rambles – Guest Post
July 12: Emily Reads Everything – Review
July 13 Biscotto’s Books – Moodboard
July 14: Forever Lost in Literature – Review
July 17: My Friends Are Fiction – Guest Post
July 18: Literary Legionnaire – Review
July 19: The Reader and the Chef – Review
July 20: Novel Novice – Guest Post
July 21: Dark Faerie Tales – Interview
July 24: YA and Wine – Review + Guest Post
July 25: YA Book Central – Spotlight
July 26: Tales of the Ravenous Reader – Review
July 27: A Perfection Called Books – Guest Post
1 signed hard cover copy of FIRST WE WERE IV
Fujuifilm instax mini 9 Polaroid camera in smoky white (& film) like the one in the book!
Strand of gold stars
FIRST WE WERE IV swag (temporary tattoos & bookmarks)
Evie Seo Designed Tote Bag
Embeded code: a Rafflecopter giveaway
FIRST WE WERE IV Review Tour Assets – firstname.lastname@example.org – Gmail
FTC disclaimer: US entires only. No purchase necessary to enter, giveaway items provided by Alexandra Sirowy.