I think it’s been a month since I’ve done a Stacking the Shelves. I’ve had a crazy holiday season…right after Thanksgiving meal we found out that my grandpa was very ill so I headed out the next day with my parents to see him. I stayed the weekend and got some great time with him at the hospital. Then a couple weeks later he passed. He was one of the most special people in my life so it hit me very hard. He was such an amazing man and impacted so many people in a positive way. I was able to attend his funeral and rejoice about his life and memory. It has been an incredibly difficult time for my family and I’m so thankful to all of you that passed a kind word, thought and prayer for me and my family. Thank you.
And just this last week My Friends Are Fiction turned 2 years old. Shocking it’s been that long.
So, all that happened and now Christmas is NEXT WEEK. I have no clue how that happened. Time has slipped away so fast and 2014 is nearly over. I have been trying to go and find all the books I’ve gotten since all this begun and I think I have all the pictures gathered up.
Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews is a weekly meme where you show what books you’ve purchased, gotten from the library, received from giveaway, as gifts or for review.
For Review (via publisher ):
I’ve read Ignite and you can read my review here. I’m also giving this copy away on Twitter–interested you can see details here. I’ve started Unmade and plan on the other two very soon. I’m really excited to see if Suspicion will be great or horrible for me since I’ve seen both opinions on it. I will say the cover is very pretty.
For Review (Penguin First to Read):
I was pumped to get Dove Arising as an e-arc to review. I’ve started it (only 30 pages in) and liking the writing so far.
Thank you, thank you, thank you dearest Stacee! Finally a copy to have for my own. I needed to own the ARC and the finished version.
Kelly sent me Snow Like Ashes (SIGNED) for Christmas as well as Seeker and Forbidden. She is the SWEETEST.
Thank you Sajda. I was so incredibly eager to read Court of Fives since I’ve been a fan of Kate Elliott’s adult fantasy. I’ve read this one and liked it but perhaps my expectations were a tiny bit high. I still think this is worth a read it just wasn’t the 5 star read I’d hoped for.
Posts from the last month:
- Audio Clip from Legion: Skin Deep by Brandon Sanderson
- Review of This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
- My December To Read Pile
- Review of Every Word by Ellie Marney
- Interview with Morgan Rhodes and 3 book giveaway, t-shirt and swag
- Review of Invisible by Dawn Metcalf
- Review of Jane Austen Cover to Cover
- Review of The Lodger by Louisa Treger
- My Friends Are Fiction’s 2 Year Blogoversary + Giveaway (Disney & Macmillan ARCs)
- Review of Ignite by Sara Larson
- Enter to win ARCs of This Shattered World, Conviction, Tangled Webs and The Winner’s Crime (pre-order for International- Details here
- Enter to win 2 of these books (international)-Details here.