This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is- Debut Authors Who Have Me Looking Forward to Their Sophomore Novel. I have picked the first to come to my mind (and not in order of desire!) You should add all of these to your TBR and buy the ones already released.
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a different question is posed and gives us bloggers an opportunity to share our top tens on all different types of bookish topics.
- The Storyspinner by Becky Wallace- I loved this one and I can’t wait for The Skylighter.
- The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig- I adored how complex and lovely this story was. And the characters–I can’t wait to read more.
- Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman- This was the prequel to Blackbeards pirating ways so I NEED to see how Nicole will portray him next.
- Burning Glass by Kathryn Purdie- The main character in this one was so unhinged and the story left me yearning for more.
- Lock & Mori by Heather Petty- This play on Sherlock and Moriarty has me incredibly scared yet eager to see how the relationship between these two will go.
- This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzie Lee- I loved how Lee wove together history with the classic Frankenstein story. I can’t wait to see what she does next.
- The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich- This book was so well done and different–not to mention creepy! I need to know what Kurtagich will write next.
- A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro- Another reworking of Sherlock and Watson–I loved how the genders were switched this go around. I can’t wait to read the next in the series.
- Thin Space by Jody Casella- This one was so wonderfully emotional and I was very moved by it. Not enough people have read it!
- The Falconer by Elizabeth May- This book took me out of a wicked reading slump so I’m more than excited about the sequel, The Vanishing Throne.