Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a different question is posed and gives us bloggers an opportunity to share our top tens on all different types of bookish topics. This week’s topic:
Top Ten Character Names I Love
Only the ones that came to me first and in no order of adoration.
1. Katniss from The Hunger Games– Immediately upon reading her name I loved it. I have always loved ‘K’ names (having one myself). I actually have a my Dragon Age character named after her.
2. Raistlin from the Dragonlance series- this is an oldie but a goodie. He was the first character I encountered that wasn’t good nor evil. I loved the complex feelings I had for his character and his actions.
3. Gandalf from The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings– Yea, that’s the coolest wizard name ever.
4. Celaena from the Throne of Glass series- I love Sarah J. Maas explanation for how she came up with her MC’s name (you can read it here). I think its a great assassin name and also very elegant.
5. Clarice Starling from Silence of the Lambs– I loved this name growing up (I saw Silence of the Lambs entirely too early) and I actually named a character in a story I wrote after her.
6. Kestrel from The Winner’s Curse– I love that I’ve never heard this name before. Again, another ‘K’ name.
7. Everyone from the A Song of Ice and Fire series–Seriously, George RR Martin gave each and every character such amazing names. Jon Snow, Sansa, Tyrion, Ned, etc. Love them all.
8. Cas Lowood from Anna Dressed in Blood– I loved everything about his character especially his cynical humor.
9. The characters from To Kill a Mockingbird– such iconic names that have really left their mark on our socity. I don’t think you can hear Scout and Atticus without thinking of this story.
10. Othello from Shakespeare’s Othello- Othello, Othello…I love typing and saying it. Just a great name.