A new year is right around the corner and it’s customary to figure out our goals/plans for the new year-things we want to strive to accomplish and ways we want to improve. I typically don’t care much to make resolutions but this year I am. I feel like I have a lot I want change in my personal life and in my bloggy life. It’s also a time to reflect on the past year and see if we met the challenges we set out for ourselves.
Review of 2014
Goodreads Reading Challenge:
I set myself a goal of 130 books for the Goodreads Reading Challenge. How did I do?
As for my stats this year-I was so excited to read over 3k on Twitter! I didn’t think I’d ever get over that amount of followers so I was really excited when I did right around the time of my 2 year blog anniversary.
I just joined Instagram and started posting a few months ago. I’ve fallen in love with it. I had no clue it was so much fun.
I’m on Pintrest and Facebook but not a lot happened with them this year. I feel like Facebook is pretty worthless these days yet I still try to update it on occasion. My pageviews and such leveled out this year and stuck with a pretty typical average. I hope to raise it some this year but we’ll see.
Milestones and Post Popularity
I hit over 100k pageviews this last year and I hope 2015 can see my go over 200k. We shall see. As for my most popular posts…
Most popular categories
I also did my first blog redesign which was way easier than I expected and a lot of fun.
2015 Goals and Resolutions
- Not create a numeric reading goal for myself this year. I think I’ll skip the Goodreads challenge and focus on quality over quantity.
- I really need to work on my ARC envy. This typically goes in waves for me but I wish I could banish it for good. There are SO many amazing books I already own that I need to read I shouldn’t always be focused on that next big thing.
- I also want to purge myself of books I know I won’t reread or have duplicates of. I’ve already found about 30 books I want to get rid of so look for many giveaways this coming year.
- I had this goal last year but I didn’t accomplish it- request less ARCs.
- I want to be better at writing my review immediately after reading the book. I tend to take notes and then wait a good amount of time before I sit down and work on the review. I feel like I don’t write as informative reviews when I do it this way. Plus, I end up having about 5-7 I need to write. I don’t want that stress.
- I want to work on more discussion posts
- ACTUALLY get a Lego cover completed and posted! These take around 8 hours to do and my husband and I have not been making the time.